Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Snapping out ....


Today was a normal day, I got up, I went to school, I went to work ... I am feeling a lil bit sick, but other than that everything is the same.

But then I got a missed call from my ex ... nothing special he just needs to add classes that I had added for him before and now we need to coordinate the whole dropping and adding thing. But I got SO nervous when I saw his name on my cell phone ... I don't even know how to express the feelings and thoughts that were rushing through my mind ... It seemed like in seconds I lived though everything that ever happened between us ... it was really odd ... I felt weird and so, I decided not to think about it ... I had a job interview and then I met with my friend and roommie Gallia and we were about to go home when we ran into my ex ... and it felt weird again ... I do not know how to explain it, BUT a good thing about it is that I figured out that I got emotionally detached from him and that makes me really happy. I mean I still miss him and stuff, but my happiness does not depend on him anymore ... and it feels good ...

I understood a lot of things, and ... I was silly ... now I can see things with a different perspective and I am happy =))))))

It reminded me of a quote from a book I read years ago ... I do not even remember its name, but this quote makes SO much sense, I love it!

"Compared to the Earth beyond, Earth can seem as unreal and as disorienting as Dorothy found Oz to be. This is not our natural home. It would be nce to just click our heels together and go to our real home where nothing impedes growth and joy. However, I've learned that there are good reasons for having no easy outs. We must progress here while we are here and - like Dorothy's friends - acquire hearts that love, brains equipped with wisdom and truth, and courage to find and follow our yellow-brick roads. By gaining any measure of these we grow ...

Mistakes can be our best teachers. Some of us, though, have to repeat our mistakes over and over before we finally get things right. And when we do, we say, "DUH!" because what's right is always present - and, therefore, obvious when we finally see it.

The object of life is getting to "DUH!" as quickly and as painlessly as possible. But there is a catch: the short course to "DUH!" is seldom the safe course. The creator never leads us to "DUH!" through unnatural shortcuts. We forge them for ourselves.

Could it be a clue? Are we meant to take long road to the top when it is the safe road? Can our struggles sometimes tell us that we are on the right path??????"

I am glad to finally be able to get to my "DUH!"... I mean it took me a while ... like seven months, but, hey, I got where I am now... so, it all that matters, right? I definitely learned a lot though ... and it was indeed painful for me ... SO glad it is over. I feel like I am a new person and it is exciting.

I am single and free and it makes me VERY VERY happy =))))))

I have so many things to enjoy, it makes me dizzy. I got a sick internship that I am very excited about. It is with OMNI Investor Advisors. I will work as a financial analyst there, but more important they are going to let me manage trading portfolios. And I am crazy about trading. I am SUPER excited. I have also been looking for a different job, I interviewed with a guy from an Employment office at BYU who needs an Assistant. The interview went really well and I think I might be getting a job, we'll see.

Things are getting SO much better in my life. I feel like I get blessed promptly and sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable cause I feel like I do not really deserve all of it, if you know what I mean :)))))))))

I have also been blessed with amazing friends. I love them all, they make a big difference in my life! Thanks, guys.

Oh, the other week we went to the festival of colors ... this is a Krishna thing ... I do not even know what meaning or significance it has, but all the BYU students go there, I guess. So, we went as well. I went with my rommie Missy, her bf Daniel, my friend Eric, Eric's cousin Dan, and our friend Julio. We had SO much fun painting each other's faces ... I am posting a few pictures so that you can see what we looked like ... it was rad, I loved it... Eric and Dan had a little bit too much fun putting colors on my face and I ended up having too much ... I think, but I did not mind at all. You should have seen people's faces when we went to Subway to eat after the festival .... OMG ... this little girl was looking at me and asking her mom what had happened to "that girl's face", lol. And then I got home and we had some people coming over to see the house because it is being sold ... and they got scared when I opened the door ... Anyway, it was a lot of fun for sure!
Daniel, Missy, Eric, mysef, Julio, Dan =))))

Life is good! You have got to love it =))))))))

No comments:

Post a Comment