Sunday, March 6, 2011

DAD

Today has been much better. My back feels better today. I had to sleep on the floor, lol.
I was chatting with my friend today and she said something that made me think about my dad. My friend said: "Kristina, you are like a guy. You love to solve your problems on your own, you are a football fan, and you are super chill". All of the things she said are true. But it made me think about why I am this way ... I mean I am a female in the end ... As I mentioned earlier it made me think about my dad. Many of you know that I absolutely love my dad. I mean things are different right now, my parents are divorced, and my dad has a different family now. It happened that we are not close anymore, but it does not matter.
I had the best dad growing up. I seriously could not wish for a better one. He taught me so many important things. I cherish the memories I have of him. He is the best man out there. I remember when I was little I took every word that would come out of his mouth so seriously and would literally do everything he'd ask me to do. I wanted to be like him, and I was a tomboy up to the age of 14 ... then my mom had to take over and teach me how to be a girl, haha.
My dad taught me how to work hard, exercise, respect and love others, love sports, achieve my goals and lots of other things. I am just so grateful for that.
He always treated me like a grownup and I always felt smart and important. I remember disappointing him once. I was maybe six years old. I lied to him ... He never yelled at me or spanked me, he talked to me instead ... He said: "I cannot believe it, I seriously cannot believe you did that. You just disappointed me. I trusted you because I thought you were an adult, but I guess you cannot be trusted. I do not think we can be friends anymore" OMG, it sucked!!!! I could not sleep till 3 am ... then I crawled to my parents' bed and I cried my head off apologizing. Disappointing my dad was the worst thing that could happen in my life at that time. I hold this experience close to my heart. A lot of times I relate experiences with my dad to my experiences with God. In a way I feel that I can be a good Christian because of the way I was brought up. Because of the love my dad gave me. I am so grateful for him, there are no words to express it. I love and miss him lots.
I remember in our family my parents could not ask me to do something they did not do. We had punishments for certain things and the rules applied to everyone. I think that is why I have this crazy sense of justice. My dad was super cute about it. I remember when I started playing the piano, he learned to play it with me. And to say the least my dad is NOT musically talented, not at all. However, he did try his best, and progressed as much as he could.
I remember for being rude we had to sit on the table in the kitchen without the lights on (it was pretty scary), and when my dad was rude to me (from what I remember he told me to shut up cause I was annoying, haha), he sat on the kitchen table. I remember putting matches in his eyes because I wanted him to be up when he came from a night shift. I bet it hurt him, but he was nice about it. He just took the matches out, hugged me tightly (it was so tight that I could not move), and fell asleep. He was SO calm, he never flipped at me or anything like that.
So, when I am told that I am like a guy ... I know I am the way I am cause I am a daddy's daughter. He is my man whatever happens.
When I have days like yesterday, I wish my dad was around and just could put his arms around me and tell me that everything is ok, and that things will work out and that he loves me. Sounds silly, but this is how it is.
I am proud to be a Mykho, I am proud of my upbringing. My dad gave me the best he could. And I appreciate it lots. I am also proud of my heritage and culture. I AM a Ukrainian, and I am absolutely proud of it!!!!!
Anyway, I am at my friend's house, he is probably annoyed with me, lol. I should wrap up my ramblings on here.
Hugs <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment