Friday, March 22, 2013

Life lessons ...

Wow, it has almost been a year since I have written on here. So many things have happened I don't even know where to start. I guess I am not going to give you guys all the details about my life. 

As always I have been busy with my life. School has kept me VERY busy. 

I also learned a lot of things about myself this year, and I changed a lot to be honest. 

I love being me. It might sound silly, but I really do. I come from a very tough background. And I love the fact that I was able to use it to my advantage. I was able to turn my heart aches, hardships, etc. into forgiving, loving, caring, and serving others. To be honest, nothing makes me feel better than being helpful to someone. It does not matter who it is, I just love doing those things. There is no better reward than knowing that I made someone's life a little easier and uplifted them in any way. It might sound weird to some of you, but doing those things makes me happy. 

I love life. I love the challenges that it brings. I am just a happy girl :) 

I was reading about Michelangelo today. And I came across this quote, he said: "In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it". I can totally relate this to life. I might be weird I don't know. I mean he is talking about marble and here I am with my analogies, haha :) But anyway, I feel like in our life we might not see things plain and perfect as Michelangelo saw his statues, but we gotta "hew the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition" to be able to be happy to be able to achieve our goals, to be able to get where we want to be. And when I think about "the rough walls" I think of emotional connections. When we are born, we are naked, not only that we come with no clothes on, we are also emotionally naked. We have not learned yet how to not trust people, we have not been hurt yet, and everything is exciting and new. But once we start growing up, we figure that we cannot carry on like this. We gotta change. We have to learn to be careful, we have to build those "rough walls" to protect ourselves. We absolutely have to. But then once we built those walls, it becomes hard to let anyone in. I mean "we were hurt before, please, no more!" I bet this sounds familiar to a lot of people. But we all know that we'd have to "hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes". It is hard to take our walls down, but so worth it. I have learned within the last few years that if I do let my walls down, I will most likely get hurt, but I also learned that having my walls down teaches me SO much. It makes me a better person and it makes it possible for my heart to really love and care. I might sounds awfully strange, BUT I love it! 

I love seeing little children play together. When they meet they usually say something along the lines: "What's your name? Do you want to be my friend?" and next thing you know they are best friends. Unfortunately, adults are not capable of that. But we once were those little kids that did that at least once. What happened? ...

I also believe that we live in a society to lighten each other's burdens and uplift each other. Today, someone on Facebook called me naive and weird for saying that. And you know, perhaps, they are right. Maybe I am naive, but I like it. 

Let's "hew away the rough walls", let's be kind to each other and uplift each other. It is not that hard to be nice. Let's try it out, let's smile at people, let's not envy (that feeling is so harmful). I know that when I do those things I feel so happy and uplifted. Kindness is contagious catch it and pass it on! And there are really no reasons to be gloomy or unhappy even when things are tough. There will always be people that live a better life than we do and people that dream about what we have in this life. And it is ok :) I figured that the best thing to do is aim high, do our best, and learn to be sincerely happy when we see others succeed. Life is beautiful, it is all about how we perceive it and what we make of it. 

I feel happy, blessed, and I am just SO grateful for everything I have in my life. I love life =))))))) 

Thank you for taking your time and reading it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment