Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 3, 2011

Today has been a good day so far. I gave my sister a ride to the bus stop in the morning as I always do, I came home and I was SO tired that I had to take a nap ... I did not wake up till fifteen minutes past eleven, darn! After the nap I could not remember if I was the one taking my sister to the bus stop. It took me a while to come to my senses and remember that yeah, it was me, haha.
I wore my Victoria's Secret sweater dress and my black boots to school today. I ran into lots of friends that I had not seen in forever on campus today. It was kinda fun to be around people again. I also drew a lot of attention to myself, I guess guys like my Victoria's Secret sweater dress and my black boots. I love getting attention, yeah, I admit it now. I remember a few years ago some of my friends confronted me with the fact that I love attention and stuff. I remember I got so mad. I thought it was an insult because it was NOT true, lol ... It was indeed true and it still is ... you cannot blame me though, I am a girl. Every girl loves attention, even the one that never gets it. And so do I. I love attention, I love having all the guys around me, hahaha.
Anyway, I had my financial service lectures today. I usually enjoy those a lot, but today they were kinda boring. The guy talked about life insurance and he gave us a few different examples about what people do. And I just thought that it was so irrelevant for me right now. I mean I am not planning on buying life insurance. So, yeah, I had to make an effort to pay attention to the lecturer.
I felt so weak today that I did not go to my evening class. However, I did go to zumba, lol. I was SO close to not going though. My sister was kinda cranky, but I insisted. I enjoy going to zumba, it is a good and fun workout, and at the moment this is all the workout I get; and it is only twice a week. So, I could not waste it. Zumba gives me energy, I love it!
The quote of the day is: "Never love anybody who treats you like you're ordinary." - Oscar Wilde I do not think there is much left to say about this quote, I just like it.
It happened that this week I have been thinking a lot about different people that I happened to deal with in my life. I have looked into lots of things online, tried to research how people react to things and why. I came across Brene Brown a research professor at the University of Houston, and I absolutely love her!
She is amazing! I guess I like her cause I can relate to her research. I absolutely agree with what she says about vulnerability. I had to learn it the hard way. I used to numb vulnerability, and I learned that vulnerability is a core of feeling not only sadness but joy and happiness. We cannot selectively numb one emotion, when we do, we numb joy, gratitude, happiness and then ... we become miserable. Once I figured it out, I just had to practice it, and I have ... and I love it. I love being open and loving. I love being vulnerable, it empowers me with the capacity to love and care for other people. And by putting my heart out like that I do risk to get hurt, and you'd think that it might be safer to protect yourself ... but nope, it is not ... I have tried that and by "protecting" myself, I only hurt myself and other people. My family always says that I have a talent to love people, but I know indeed that everyone can do it by learning that being vulnerable is not bad, that it empowers us to experience not only shame and sadness, but also joy and happiness.

I love this quote, it describes whatever I was trying to say rambling in a few sentences above, haha. The bottom line is that love is born of vulnerability and risk. If we don't let ourselves be vulnerable, if we don't risk, we will not experience it. I know it to be true! I just wish some people would understand it and do something about it, but I cannot make them ... unfortunately. I am a control freak btw, lol ... j/k ... well ... not really, haha
That is it for today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment